We all like a bargain ….. more than ever at this time of year judging by the British press (Black Friday), so I have to admit I had a grin like a Cheshire cat as I rode back home late Saturday in the dwindling light and rain. Why?
Well on Friday, while some folk lost all sense of self-respect fighting over 40″ TV’s and coffee grinders, I’d stumbled across a fresh advert on a small online marketplace. A couple of calls later and I’d arranged a trip over to l’Aquila the following day, to bag myself a lovely load of Caponord spares for the princely sum of ….. well let’s just say we never got out of double-digits! Here’s a breakdown of what I got from a low mileage 2005 ABS model:-
- Throttle body including injectors, TPS and throttle cables
- ABS pump, mounts, sensors and wiring loom
- Rear brake caliper, bracket, pump, pedal and brake light switch – with footrest
- Sidestand and switch – with footrest
- Oil cooler and mounting brackets
- Coolant tank, cover and mounting brackets
- Main wiring loom including relays and diode block
- 4x HT leads
- Drive chain slipper block
- Gear lever
- And last but not least … a box of assorted plastics.
It also transpires that he may well have the swing arm as well – €15 to you guvner and €5 postage …. I’m just waiting for the confirmation and that’s my birthay present sorted! 🙂 Unfortunately, no wheels/discs. They’d been sold along with the forks for (wait for it) €150 ……. 🙁
So after stripping the throttle body and ordering up new seals, I decided to model up the manifold/injectors. Click on the injector picture above to open the fully exploded manifold and below are a couple of views of the whole assembly.