Just got this photo from Clive over at Lockwood International in the UK, the nice folks who have made my new inlays for the Caponord dashboard. I’ll write more when they arrive …… I can’t wait!!
- Back-lit voltmeter within the tachometer
- Left & Right indicator repeaters
- Red-line raised to 10,000rpm to match ECU setting
- Side-stand lamp is now where the unused ABS lamp was
- Funky Aprilia lion instead of boring old ‘aprilia’ text
- ‘magneti marelli’ logo removed …. well they didn’t design this one!
While it rains, rains and rains some more, I’ve had time to complete the mods with respect to moving the warning/tell-tale lighting around on the dashboard. Now the Capo has a nice left AND right indicator repeater lights ….. and looks all the better for it. So to recap.
- Unused ABS light is now the side-stand light
- The side-stand light is now the low-fuel warning light
- The low-fuel warning light has new green LED’s and is now a right-hand indicator repeater.
Here’s another piece of video with all the lights working. You’ll notice that the fuel is already on reserve, hence the old side-stand light (now low-fuel) is on throughout the video. Sorry about the quality, but a dismal dark day and a smartphone don’t work so well together ….. and my cold hands adding the shake didn’t help! I’ll add a new page to the site shortly with details of how the circuits were rearranged.
While I waited for Youtube to upload the video, I took a walk down the road to see what damage had been done by the 24hr+ of solid heavy rain …………
…………. let’s just say the Capo nor the Rangerover are going anywhere soon. We don’t appear to have a road left for about a 30m stretch. It appears to be languishing somewhere down in the valley by the looks of it! Pics tomorrow. 😥